May 19, 2022
From those who recently purchased a new home that, consequently, did not come with a storm door, to those who’ve been in their home for years and have grown tired of the squeaks, drafts or suffering performance, having a new storm door installed is an important decision that will affect your day to day life for many years to come. And like any big decision, it’s important to take some time to consider exactly what you need before rushing out and purchasing the first one that catches your eye.
At Wonder Windows, we’ve been helping homeowners find the perfect storm doors for their homes for over 60 years, and wanted to take a moment to review some of the basics. Here are just a few of the most important things to consider when you’re planning on buying a new storm door or having one installed professionally.
- Take accurate measurements to ensure that your new storm door fits flush
- Choose a high-quality storm door for enhanced performance and protection
- If you’re not installing it, be sure to work with an experienced door installer
- Select a storm door style that’s appropriate for homes with children and pets
- Determine the qualities you need most, security, breeze, energy-efficiency, etc.
- Consider curb appeal when selecting a door, in the event you decide to sell
It may be tempting to buy an inexpensive storm door, or hire someone from the neighborhood to install it. But remember, detail matters when it comes to the features of your home that see the most frequent use. If you’re embarking on the process on the first time and would like to talk with an expert before going in head-first, the Wonder Windows team is here to help. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have or provide a free estimate on the installation of your new door.
Wonder Windows has locations in Rochester and Buffalo, and can be reached using any of the phone numbers below. Or get in touch via email by filling out the short form on our website’s secure contact page.
Wonder Windows Rochester, NY
Wonder Windows Buffalo, NY